Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Daze...and yes I DO mean daze!

The first day of school is SOOOO exciting!! Especially when you are going to a new school! And boy was everyone excited! The new school was finished...and even the new playground was finished in time for the first day of school (they were working on the playground ALL DAY on labor day...talk about cutting it close!)
Here's one of George W. Gibbs Elementary's newest 3rd graders!
The big second grader! Her class was on the news the first day of school. You can check out her teacher at www.kttc.com If you search "Using Technology to teach" you will see a short clip on her class and their new school! You will also see the back of Jessi's head : )

The girls with their "practically cousins" Ramaan! They walked to school together and were excited to be able to share their first day of school with her. They only got a few funny looks when they told people they were "kinda like cousins...well we have the same Aunt and Uncle anyway...!" Talk about confusing! They are holding Apple cake pops that they helped make for their teachers! I hope they tasted yummy! The PTA gave all the kids Gibbs Elementary t-shirts the first day of school as a special surprise! Then they got the whole school out in front of the school and took their pictures! Pretty cool stuff!
The day after the girls' first day of school, we had another momentous occasion! Zach started preschool! He was soooo excited! I asked him if he was worried about going to Preschool and he said "No, I'm excited, but I am worried about making friends!". So cute! His two teachers seemed super sweet and he had a great first day of preschool!
His mommy was a little bit shell shocked..being home alone with just a sleeping baby! What did I do with all the extra time...I had big plans...but ended up doing the dishes, sweeping the kitchen floor, and playing peek-a-boo once the baby woke up!



4 comments:

Nat said...

I'm right there with you. Levi and Ethan are gone all day. Devin started preschool and Adam took a nap. I was lost. Maybe we should get together for a playdate to pass the time! ;)

P.S. You have some good lookin' kids!

LeAnn said...

Ha! I thought about calling you this past week, but figured you'd be way too busy to talk. lol

Happy back to school!!!

Brennon and Torrey said...

Never too busy to talk to you!! Call anytime!!

Jeanie said...

Love the school pictures. The new school and all the "firsts" the kids get to be involved with should make for a fun year. Love you all.