
If you look closely at the jar behind Zach and Nan (click on the picture to see it better), you will see a jar with leaves and...a chrysalis...yep, we've been feeding a monarch caterpillar for a few days now and he FINALLY spun his chrysalis today! It has been really cool watching him...he ate, and ate, and ate...then he hung upside down just like a J for about 24 hours and today he spun his chrysalis. Now we just have to wait for the butterfly to emerge! It has been fun witnessing one of God's miracles!

And in other news...See those shiny things on Jessi's ears??? That's right folks...this little redhead finally bit the bullet and GOT HER EARS PIERCED!! She has been setting and resetting deadlines for herself for a couple of years now...(Only feeling pressure from her desire to do it vs her fear of getting it done!) "I will get my ears pierced when I am 16!" "I will get my ears pierced when I am 9!" I will get my ears pierced..." well, you get the idea! Today she finally decided to do it. She was SOOO brave! She didn't even cry! A few tears welled up but quickly turned to laughter and joy when she saw her pretty ears!

All day she has been going around telling everyone..."Guess what? I got my ears pierced!" You go girl!
2 comments:
Yippee! Congratulations on little miracles and big miracles (you can pick which is which--lol).
You look beautiful, Jessi!
That is cool about your chrysalis. Has the butterfly hatched yet? We use to find the caterpillars all the time around here and then be able to watch them hatch. It has been years since I have seen any of the caterpillars. In fact, we don't see many monarch butterflies around here any more.
Hey, Jessi, that is cool that you got your ears pierced. Grandma still hasn't been brave enough to get hers done. Course I could probably count on my fingers the number of times I have even worn earrings.
Post a Comment